There are so many things you can do to improve the quality of your life and your brain. By keeping your brain healthy, you can put off disease and fatigue. Here are some things you can do to help your brain to perform at its best:
- Exercise: Exercise helps circulate oxygen to your brain. Try to get at least 30 minutes of exercise daily.
- Play Games: Playing games is like exercise for your brain. Card games, word games, and search games are great ones to have fun with.
- Try Something New: Try brushing your teeth with the other hand or drive to work on different roads.
- Challenge Yourself: Begin a new task where you will challenge yourself like a new exercise class.
- Eat Healthy:
Your brain can only function at its best if you have enough energy in your body to fuel it. The brain uses carbohydrates (bread, fruit, potatoes, etc.) for its main source of fuel so it’s important to make sure you get enough of these types of foods in order for your brain to be at its best! In addition, foods high in folic acid (spinach and orange juice), vitamin C (strawberries and citrus fruits) and vitamin E (carrots and sweet potatoes) help your brain function better as well. Other foods that increase brain power are raisin bran, cranberries, eggs, and fish.
- Be Happy and Stress Free: Stress can age your brain as well as your body.