The Spread Eagle or "X" jump is a fun one. Here are some tips to remember:
Spread Eagle Jump Tips:
- Your legs are apart with your knees facing FORWARD (compared to the Toe Touch when your knees are facing up).
- Keep your legs directly beside you.
- Your toes should be pointed toward the ground.
- Your arms are in a High "V" motion.
- Keep your back straight and head up - do not lean forward.
- Land with your feet together.
One way to get a great Spread Eagle Jump is to build up your legs. One way to do this is to practice this jump with your hands behind your back and just use your legs. Try practicing by doing multiple jumps in a row without using your arms. Remember, when doing multiple jumps, only do them with proper form.