Do you want to stay healthy? Well, your genetics do have a part of your lifetime health BUT the majority is up to you! YOU are the only one to keep you healthy. It is interesting to note that 75% of all medical costs are from preventable diseases that are caused by: lack of physical activity, poor food choices, using tobacco, and lack of stress management. So, how can you stay health? Here are some things you can do today!
1. Be smart about your body and take care of it.
2. Eat good foods. It is ok to have to have fast food every once in a while, but not every day.
3. Exercise! You should exercise at least for 30 minutes, 5 times a week.
4. Do NOT Smoke! There is nothing good about smoking.
5. Manage your stress. To do this, try yoga, talking a walk in a near by park, or volunteer to help someone else.
6. Know your BMI: According to Fitness Magazine, the "Body Mass Index (BMI) calculates your weight in kilograms divided by the square of your height in meters. Because it factors in your body fat percentage, Body Mass Index is an accurate measurement of your overall fitness. It is considered a more reliable measurement than simply your height and weight alone." CLICK HERE to figure out your BMI.